Valentine’s Day is coming up very soon! We don’t make much of a hullabaloo about the holiday, but I do like to acknowledge it and do a little something special with my kiddos.
So, what can you do to celebrate an allergen free holiday that revolves around chocolate and sweets that are generally laden with milk, soy, nuts, wheat, etc. without breaking the bank? I have a few ideas
* Let me preface this by saying that we home school, so I don’t have to worry about classroom safety and such.*
- Make your own chocolates using melted Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips in a chocolate mold or free form on wax paper. (Free of the top 8 allergens, and very tasty, woo!) Put them in a pretty box and you’re good to go!
- Make Valentines for each other.
- Give your kiddos a flower and a special Valentines stuffed something.
- If you have a good wheat free flour mix for cookies or if you can have wheat, make some cookies together and cut them into heart shapes. Then color some sugar and sprinkle it on top to make them pretty and sparkly (I think Maya would LOVE this one) Ooo, or drizzle them with the melted chocolate chips I mentioned earlier. Or both! Mmmm, possibilities…..
This is by no means an exhaustive list, if you have any other ideas, please do share! I’d love to hear what you and yours are doing for Valentine’s Day I think I’m going to be searching for a good wheat substitute to make the sparkly cookies I mentioned!
So what do you have planned for Valentine’s Day?